Come pick the most beautiful pumpkin in the area, right in the heart of Ste-Julie!
In September and October, a galaxy of squash and pumpkins await your picking! Choose your pumpkins with your children while making provisions for the coming winter; squash can generally keep for several months: look below for our conservation tips.
And while you’re at it, come and get lost in the world’s biggest corn maze ! With its unique design, it’s the perfect great outdoors activity, combining nature and lots of fun.
Wheelbarrows are available for you to carry your harvest. We’re open rain or shine. On rainy days, wear boots!
A wide variety of squash and pumpkins
You’ll find several varieties perfect for cooking tasty and comforting fall stews: pumpkins, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, Delicata and some surprises!
Until October 30th:
Saturday and Sunday: from 9 am to 4 pm
We are open on Thanksgiving Monday from 9 am to 4 pm as well.
If you would like to visit us outside of these hours or for group reservations (25 people or more), contact us!
Tips and tricks for storing your squash and pumpkins
In order to preserve your squash properly, here are some recommendations:
- Store in a temperate enclosure, between 10 and 18 ° C
- The room must have a humidity level of between 40 and 70%
- Make sure they don’t freeze
- Do not put them in the fridge (except when they’re cut)
- Allow them some breathing space by scattering them on a flat surface
- Look them up every 3 weeks and quickly cook those that start to change
- Protect them from light (if possible, although this is not essential)
- Once a squash is cut, store it in the fridge. Cut squash freeze well grated, mashed or in cubes, no blanching required!